We've had a pretty busy summer thus far! A couple of weeks ago the kids went to stay with Mimi and Poppa for a whole week while Tyson and I volunteered at a quail conservation camp in Coleman, TX. I know Taylor and Grady had a great time, as I'm sure Mimi and Poppa did as well! Tyson and I missed our kids terribly while we were away. We were each in charge of a group of five teenagers....WAY different than two little kids!! Let's just say I think Tyson and I are both wanting our kids to grow up slowly and postpone the teenage years for as long as possible!! All in all, it was an extremely positive experience and our interest in wildlife has definitely been renewed.
Immediately after the camp, we headed to Bandera for the annual Word Family Reunion. That's where we met up with the kids! Sorry that I have no pictures to post of the reunion....I always bring my camera with the intention of taking pictures, but I never seem to pull it out while we're there. Taylor had a great time playing with some distant cousins that are around the same age as her. Watching her run off to do her own thing made me realize that she's growing up....sniff.
The weekend following the reunion was July 4th, so we headed to College Station to see Nana & Doodah, Aunt Kelley, Uncle Doug, Jack & Ben. As usual, Taylor and Jack were so much fun together. They truly do love each other. Of course, they also love to tattle-tale on each other... just goes with the territory! Grady was a complete monster the whole time we were there. He just never could seem to get adjusted. And he ESPECIALLY didn't like it when I would hold Ben. Very jealous!
We went to the Bartlett ranch in Bedias to celebrate July 4th and watch fireworks. The kids had a great time playing at the ranch. Taylor buddied up with her cousin Brynlee....so cute! She just loves making new friends!! Both Taylor and Grady loved riding on the Ranger exploring the ranch and checking out the cows and horses. Grady really liked the fireworks...he would walk around clapping after they would go off. Taylor also enjoyed the fireworks, but she and Brynlee were more interested in playing with their glow necklaces!
We're finally back at home and back to normal. The kids are fun and crazy. We're getting ready for swim lessons next week in Allen. Will definitely post pictures of that!!
Thursday, July 8, 2010
July 4th Weekend
Just had to put this one on the blog!! He looks like a little Elton John with his sister's big heart-shaped sunglasses on. I also like the fact that it looks like he's throwing a gang sign! Sorry that the quality is bad....as usual, I had the camera on the wrong setting.
A future in ranching? He certainly wasn't scared of the cows and he seemed quite accustomed to riding on a Ranger.
Taylor and Jackson playing bubbles with their cousins, Ashlyn, Brynlee, Jacob and Joshua.
Grady and Jack were dressed the same...thanks to Nana. They looked pretty cute!
Bubble time!!
Taylor and Jack waiting to feed the horses.
This was the horse that Taylor fed and then immediately referred to it as "her" horse.
Taylor was too cool to do what the boys were doing!
This was a game that the kids were playing...They would run to the edge of the lawn and then run back to the pool and jump in. Poor Grady tried to keep up as best he could, but he was always way behind. Notice here that Taylor and Jack are heading back to the yard boundary while Grady is just now getting into the pool.
Taylor LOVED holding her new cousin, Ben. She was always asking to hold him the entire time we were at Aunt Kelley's and Uncle Doug's house. She would then tell us that Baby Ben liked his cousin Taylor!
Posted by The Harts at 3:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment