Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Terrible twos.....maybe terrible 11-months!!

Oh boy. If the terrible twos are anything like the terrible 11-months, then Tyson and I are in for a real treat!! Man oh man, Taylor has been something else these past few days. It's not that she's been terrible....more like challenging. She's decided that she doesn't want to eat anything new anymore. But at the same time, she's tired of her original baby food!! So we're really having to try all sorts of things to make her happy. And when you think she likes something one minute, the very next minute she doesn't like it anymore!! Ahhhhhh!!

She's discovered that if she purses her lips together really tightly, then we can't shove food into her mouth...and hence it ends up all over her face. Then she rubs her face (which has food all over it, mind you) with both of her hands and then proceeds to touch her hair, the highchair and her clothes. Forget the bib....Taylor hates wearing bibs, so I'm constantly having to stain-treat her clothes!!

If she's not quick enough to purse her lips together, then we get the food in, but it doesn't necessarily stay in!! She either spits it out or cries the whole time it's in her mouth. After the food has been spat out, then there's a good chance that she's about to throw it!! When she's completely tired of the whole ordeal, she'll turn her face away from you and face the back of the highchair!!

And then of course, once we make it through the meal (which can last anywhere from 30-45 minutes), then there's the whole face-cleaning thing. You would think that the world was coming to an end to hear her cry like she does.

Let's see.....what else? Oh yes, the fire place mantle. Taylor is still very much obsessed with the fire place, and therefore, Tyson and I are constantly telling her NO!! She understands quite well what NO means, but she's in her "testing" phase. She likes to see how serious we are....to see how far she can go before we actually get up to move her away from the fire place.

And lastly, she's discovered toilet paper. It actually doesn't bother me as bad, so I don't make too much of a fuss about it. I just help her roll it back together!!

She's still our little love bug and we love her dearly. She's just testing her wings right now.....and so far, it seems like she's winning!!!


I hate my food now!!

I hate my bib even more!!

Trying to avoid the spoon that's in front of her.

Now she's mad...I just shoved some food in!!

And we're done here!

Aha!! Caught in the act!

"What's the big deal Mom?"

A reminder of why we love her!!

0 comments: