We had a fun and eventful weekend visiting family in Pasadena. Time goes by so fast when we're visiting family....I always wish we could stay longer.
Friday night we had a great time visiting with my Aunt Donna, cousin Tiffany, her husband Jimmy and their son, Jacob. As the evening was winding down and when everyone was preparing to leave, a thunderstorm just happened to roll in. Cody, Nana's dog, who Jimmy later referred to as "a fast and healthy dog," tends to freak out during thunderstorms and escaped twice into the rain and lightening. Escape #1: he snuck outside into the backyard wearing his electric bark collar (which was turned on) and refused to come back inside. Nana was worried that he was going to electrocute himself......and in turn, had poor Jacob and Taylor worried as well. After several minutes of being elusive, Cody finally came back inside. Escape #2: Cody escaped out of the garage door and high-tailed it down the street, heading for an open field (which would eventually lead him to some busy roads). Luckily, Nana just happened to be looking out the window when she noticed Cody running in the front yard. Jimmy, Tyson, Nana and myself started chasing Cody (in the rain and lightening). The "fast and healthy" dog made it to the aforementioned field, and then by some miracle, turned around and headed back down my parents' street (which just so happens to end in a cul-de-sac). By the time Cody made it to the cul-de-sac, my cousin Tiffany, who is nine months pregnant and who is due at any time, gets into the action and tries to corral Cody. Finally Tyson, who keep in mind won a "catch-a-greasy-pig" contest while in college, made two diving catch attempts and was successful on the second one. The fast and healthy dog was home safe, and we were all a wet and soaking mess. Meanwhile, my Aunt Donna was holding down the fort and keeping the kids calm....thanks Donna!! It was a crazy adventure that had a good ending. I wish I had taken a picture of us after the rescue.
The next day we headed to College Station for my nephew's, Jackson, second birthday party. Jack was such a funny boy....as always! Taylor had a great time playing with her cousin and all of the other kids that were there. Jack had a great party and got lots of goodies!
On Sunday my cousin Tiffany had her baby! Joshua Evan was born that afternoon!! I was so excited that we got to see him before we left. Taylor saw him, too, and she wasn't that excited. I guess she thought that there was a chance that I was going to bring him home with us! Rest assured Taylor...no more babies!!
The next day we headed to College Station for my nephew's, Jackson, second birthday party. Jack was such a funny boy....as always! Taylor had a great time playing with her cousin and all of the other kids that were there. Jack had a great party and got lots of goodies!
On Sunday my cousin Tiffany had her baby! Joshua Evan was born that afternoon!! I was so excited that we got to see him before we left. Taylor saw him, too, and she wasn't that excited. I guess she thought that there was a chance that I was going to bring him home with us! Rest assured Taylor...no more babies!!














0 comments:
Post a Comment