Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Timber!

So it finally happened! Taylor pulled down the Christmas tree this morning...right on top of her! I was on the couch, enjoying a nice cup of hot chocolate. Taylor was watching Dora the Explorer. She saw a bird on the cartoon and then ran over to the tree to point out the bird ornaments. She then decided to take off one of "her" ornaments (she has a group of non-breakable ornaments that we let her take off of the tree to play with). I guess she pulled on it too hard because the next thing I knew the tree was laying on top of her!

I ran over to pull the tree off of her, and I couldn't help but laugh....I know, I'm horrible! She looked so funny....she was curled up in the fetal position clutching onto the ornament she had pulled off. Taylor was pretty startled. She really started crying after I pulled her from under the tree and she saw all of the scattered ornaments lying on the floor. As it is, she doesn't like it when things are out-of-place....so you can only imagine what was going through her head when she saw the tree on the ground and the ornaments all across the living room floor.

Surprisingly, Taylor didn't receive one scratch. The tree is still leaning up against the wall...something that is driving Taylor crazy. I guess this is another one of those stories that we'll be able to tell her about for years to come.

0 comments: